Thursday, March 31, 2016

Back to Life and Recipe - Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

I am finally starting to get over my morning (really all day) sickness and have been getting back to regular day to day life.  Our home is a little cleaner.  I am making it to the gym, once in a while.  I am attending all my church meetings and am fulfilling my calling.  And we are eating home cooked meals once again.  It's nice.  Being sick for a significant time reminds me how grateful I am for a healthy body that is simply able to carry out day to day tasks.  Each pregnancy, I have gained empathy for those who do not have such a privilege.  I am especially mindful of my mother and all she went though during her years upon years of illness.  I must admit, she handled it much better than I do.

I also think my family is more appreciative of what I do everyday as a mom and homemaker, as they've had a glance of what life is like when I am unable to take care of them.  Tonight for dinner I made no looking while it's cooking chicken and parmesan roasted asparagus.  The family went crazy for it!  They were so happy to be eating something other than fast food or ramen soup.  It was nice to receive so much enthusiasm and thanks for making a fairly simple meal.  Maybe I should take a break from cooking more often so that I make sure they are all really appreciating my efforts!

Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

1 bunch asparagus
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Coat asparagus spears with oil in a mixing bowl.  Lay spears in a single layer on a baking sheet.  Sprinkle with cheese, salt and pepper.  Bake at 425 degrees 12-15 minutes.

No comments: