Sunday, December 20, 2015

Selling Cupcakes

Towards the end of this year, I kept having the thought that I should sell cupcakes to make Christmas money.  I would dismiss it each time the thought came to mind, because I hate selling things!  I am not a salesperson.  But regardless, the thought continued.

Then one day I was on amazon and came across some cupcake holders... and ordered them.  I realized there was no turning back at that point.  Starting the last week of October, I posted a different flavor of cupcake every other week on Facebook, selling them for $1.  I sold almost 500 by Christmas time; not too shabby.  Most of our Christmas was paid for with cupcake money.  So thanks going out to all those who made that possible!

I've made probably close to 800 cupcakes the past few months (with making extras for get togethers, parties, home/visiting teaching and Young Womens).  And surprisingly I still like making cupcakes!  I don't plan on selling them again, but I'm grateful for the help they provided this holiday season.  Here are the cupcakes I made.

White cupcakes with strawberry buttercream - offered late October

Chocolate cupcakes with milk chocolate buttercream - offered early November

 Pumpkin cupcakes with caramel cream cheese buttercream - offered late November

 Devils food cupcakes with mint buttercream - offered early December

 Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese buttercream - offered late December

No comments: