Monday, September 28, 2015

From the Mouths of the Hess Babes

Palmer:
As he's watching me shred a rotisserie chicken for dinner, "Is that a whole chicken?  Do we eat the butt!?"

Every night before bed, "Mom, I love you more than you love me."  To which I always reply with a matter of fact, "Never," which makes him giggle.

While reading a book that mentions Abraham Lincoln, "Abraham Lincoln!  He's one of our prophets!"

Brody:
"Everyone is funny except you [meaning me, his mother], Dad and Palmer.  Actually, Palmer is kind of funny."

Palmer and Brody both like to google images by using the voice command on our tablets and phones. They usually look up pictures of volcanoes, China, karate, anything their little boy minds find interesting.  One day I hear him ask Google, "What does a big strong lizard look like?"

While looking at a satellite image of Bear Lake and it's sandy beach, he exclaims, " Ancient Egypt is in Bear Lake!?"

Archer:
On a drive late at night, "The moon glows in the dark...  It looks like a banana."

Avonlea:
"I be the princess.  Archer is my prince."

No comments: