Monday, August 31, 2015

First Days of School

All four of the kids are going to school this year.  Avonlea and Archer started preschool first.  This was the first time I have sent a child to preschool without a younger one at home to take care of; it was a strange feeling.  I was very excited for them, but a little sad to see them growing up so quickly.  They have been going to school for two weeks now and are loving it!  They are attending two hours twice a week, but want to go everyday.





Palmer went to second grade the day after the twins started.  He was super excited as well.  He loves school and is always excited about learning.  He doesn't know many kids in his class this year, but he is very social and is happy to make new friends.



Brody started Kindergarten a week later.  He was so impatient to go since all his siblings had already begun.  He is very excited to be going to the same school as his big brother.  I was also a little sad on his first day.  I smiled big and made sure to share in his enthusiasm and excitement, but once he was in the building, I teared up a bit.



As a mom of four, I daily feel overwhelmed and wish for breaks!  Yet I am always a little sad to see them go off to school.  I really do love being with them.  Raising my children is what I've always wanted and dreamed about.  I just love these kids so much!

Here's to a good 2015 school year.  Learn, explore, grow, be kind, make friends, respect your teachers and have fun kiddos!  I'll be here at the end of each school day, ready and eager to hear all about it.

No comments: