Monday, June 22, 2015

Recipe - Cabbage Soup

I've been watching what I eat since December.  My weight loss has been much slower than I would like, but at least I've been losing.  With that in mind, I love this soup!   It is 0 points on Weight Watchers.  Greg and Archer also love it.  The rest of the kids will pick out the cabbage and then eat it, little stinkers.  It is so easy to prepare and very filling.

Cabbage Soup

4 cups nonfat beef broth
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups chopped cabbage
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Spray pot with nonstick cooking spray and sauté onions and carrots for five minutes.  Add broth, tomato paste, cabbage, green beans and seasonings.  Simmer 5-10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.  Then add the zucchini and simmer another five minutes.

No comments: