Monday, February 16, 2015

Beautiful People

The most beautiful people we have known
are those who have know defeat,
known suffering, known struggle, known loss
and have found their way out of the depths.
These persons have an appreciation,...

a sensitivity and an understanding of life
that fills them with compassion,
gentleness and a deep loving concern.
Beautiful people do not just happen.
~ Elisabeth K├╝bler-Ross
 
I heard this quote for the first time recently, and I was overcome by it, a beautiful quote to describe beautiful people!  Lately I have been overwhelmed by the amount of trials, struggles and heartbreak that so many of our family and friends have been going through.  My heart has been hurting for them, really hurting.  I've spent many nights crying and praying as to how I can help ease their burdens.  I have received a few impressions as to what I can do, but nothing very grand, nothing that I think would take away their pain.  Then I heard this quote and I was reminded that pain is something we need to go through.  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't wish these circumstances of severe illness, failing marriages, depression, financial woes, loneliness and the passing of loved ones on anyone.  But it did remind me that in order to experience the good, we must also go through the bad.  Greatness can emerge from bleakness!   And to our many family members, friends and ward members who have recently felt defeat and are finding their way out the depths. I want them to know they can rise and they are beautiful!  Our hearts are with you.  This too will pass.

No comments: