Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas 2014

We had a great Christmas this year!  Christmas Eve we had the Nichols side of the family over for a dinner of potluck appetizers and a gift exchange.  London, Sariah and I also exchanged our angel gifts, a homemade gift we make for each other every year in honor of our mother.  All three of us gave each other homemade bath salts/scrubs.  We all got a good laugh out of that.


Brody was the first one awake Christmas morning (besides myself, getting the monkey bread in the oven).  When he saw all the gifts under the tree, his eyes lit up as he looked at me and with pure joy exclaimed, "I knew I was on the good list!"  I love the magic that children bring to the holidays!

Sariah and my Dad joined us Christmas morning.  We had a lot of gifts this year!  Some favorites were: Greg - Bluetooth earphones, Lera - haircut/color gift certificate, Palmer - Skylanders Trap Team, Brody - Batcave playset, Archer and Avonelea - Big Wheel bikes.
 
After the gifts we all enjoyed hot-out-of-the-oven monkey bread for breakfast.  We had a low-key rest of the day, and just played at home together with all our fun new toys.  For Christmas dinner we had our traditional steak pie.  All the kids loved it this year.  I think possibly because I told them the history behind the meal.  I recounted how my granny made it for royalty in England, and how our family has made it Christmases since for three generations.  Whatever, the reason, they were very excited about the Christmas dinner and kept telling me how great it tasted.  What's not to love about comfort food, right?   And Christmas?  And family?  I love know all love it all!

No comments: