Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was nice.  Greg gave me money to buy a purse (He knows I'd rather shop for it and buy one I really like than have him pick one out.  Smart man.) and the boys each gave me a gift they had made at school.  Palmer made me a card and a couple flowers in Styrofoam cups.  Brody gave me a framed poem with a picture of him and his hand print on it.   Palmer also gave me a mug he bought from the dollar store with his own money.  The babies each made a little flower with their hand print in nursery for me too.  Such sweet gifts, I love their little heartfelt crafts.  My dear friend Allison also dropped off a bag of chocolate kisses for me and my sisters with a note saying "Your Mom is sending you kisses from heaven."  It brought tears to my eyes.  She is such a good friend to me and is so thoughtful.


We hosted a barbecue with both sides of the family.  Greg grilled hamburgers, brats and hot dogs.  We gave Grandma Betty and Grandma Nancy caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.  We also celebrated London's birthday at the barbecue.

I tried to get a picture of me and the kids that evening.  It is always a rush to get ready for church, and then we were getting ready for the barbecue, so by the time we got around to it, all the kids were tired and cranky.  Brody wouldn't even get in the picture, little stinker.  So we took a picture of him throwing his fit instead.  Regardless, I love these kids - whether cheerful, cranky, silly, disobedient, it doesn't matter.  They are my life.  And although at times I get worn out, overwhelmed and discouraged being a mom, I wouldn't change it for anything.


No comments: