Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Festivities

We celebrated Easter well this year.  Palmer, Brody and I dyed Easter eggs.  We took some to Grandma Nancy and some to Pappy and Grandma Betty.

 
 

The kids went on three egg hunts!  The first was on Saturday with our neighborhood at a nearby park.  Brody scraped his knee seconds before the hunt started.  So he was crying and too upset to participate, and the babies not know what to do, followed his example. Only Palmer filled his bucket, and then being the good brother he is, shared his loot with his siblings.




On Sunday we visited Grandma Nancy and she did an egg hunt for the kids.  This one was much calmer and the babies now knew what to do, so it went nicely.

Then we went on to London's house for a Nichols family dinner, some sidewalk art and another egg hunt.  By this time everyone was a pro at plucking up the eggs and they all made out with a plethora of candy.

 

The kids visited with the Easter Bunny at the mall Saturday evening, which they thought was great fun.  And the Easter Bunny returned the favor with a visit to our home and left some toys for the kids the next morning.  Palmer and Brody each received an Infinity character, the babies each received a little wagon, and everyone got a bouncy ball.

We attended church on Easter Sunday, as always.  Greg and I had talked with the boys a few days earlier about the meaning of Easter.  I don't think they quite grasped it.  But as we were leaving church on Sunday (with pictures of Jesus in each of their hands), I heard Palmer say to Brody, "Did you learn about resurrected too?"  I'm so glad we have the efforts of their Primary teachers to help us teach about Christ.  He lives!  I know he does with all my being.  I came across this quote this week during a time when I was feeling hurt, alone and broken.  It rang true to my heart and mind as I read it then and it still does now.

"If you are lonely, please know you can find comfort.  If you are discouraged, please know you can find hope.  If you are poor in spirit, please know you can be strengthened.  If you feel you are broken, please know you can be mended."  - Jeffrey R. Holland

No comments: