Monday, March 24, 2014

What I've Learned as a Mom of Twins

  • I am strong!
  • I am capable of more than I think.
  • When in need, those you love will step up.
  • Ask for help.  It is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength!
  • Hard things make for big rewards.
  • Boys and girls are innately different.
  • You are not less if you feed your baby with formula instead of breast milk.
  • Formula costs a small fortune.
  • Schedule, schedule, schedule!  Especially when they are infants, having them on the same schedule equals your sanity.
  • Everyday life eventually finds it's way back.
  • If shopping at Costco with twins, as they are both together in the seat of your cart, you will be treated like a celebrity and be stopped at every corner.
  • People love twins!
  • Twins have a bond that is wonderful and like nothing else.
  • If someone asks if they are identical, and you answer that they are a boy and a girl, they might still need further explanation that they are not identical, and sometimes still even with explanation, they might not understand.  So just say no.
  • Two babies make twice the mess and mischief.  But also twice the fun and cuteness.
  • Patience.
  • Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • Plan to leave 30 minutes before you need to actually leave the house.
  • Raising twins takes the whole family, extended family too.
  • When you think you have no more, there is more.
  • Prioritize.
  • The days seem long, but the years are short.
  • After 20 months, I'm still learning.
  • I am so very, very blessed!
And for those moms out there that don't have twins, this one's important...
  • Motherhood is hard, with twins, with four children, or three, or two, or one.  It's hard but amazing! 
I have learned numerous lessons with each of my children at each stage of their development, lessons mostly about myself.  The lesson haven't always come easily, but they are shaping me into a better person, the best version of myself.

2 comments:

Rie Pie said...

What I've learned from being and Aunt of twins:
My sister and brother in law are amazing.
It is a talent to be able to pick both up at the same time.
I love them both so much, in equally and yet still different ways.
I need to earn more money so I can buy them every cute thing I see in the stores.

Rie Pie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.