Monday, March 17, 2014

Recipe - Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup

My friend Jenn passed on this recipe to me, and we are loving it.  I made it for the second time this week and the babies (as well as all the adults!) gobbled it up!  It is very thick and filling, so don't expect a light brothy soup.  I even water down the leftovers because it's just too thick after sitting for a day.  This is my new go to chicken noodle soup recipe.  It's yummy comfort food at it's best and super easy to prepare.

Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup

2 chicken bullion cubes
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup evaporated milk
2 cups chicken
1 package egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken and then egg noodles.  In a separate pan, heat chicken soup and stock together.  Add carrots, celery and onions.  Simmer until vegetables are tender.  Add cream of chicken soup and milk.  Add cooked chicken and cooked noodles.  Season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Rie Pie said...

Sweet mercy this was so delicious! Thanks for saving me some!!