Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mad Hatter Relief Society Party

I have the same calling in our new ward as I did for the past four years in our previous ward, Relief Society Activities Chair.  I suppose I am just made for partying with the Relief Society sisters!  For our birthday celebration this year we did an Alice in Wonderland theme.  We held a Mad Hatter's tea party and did a short program about the different hats we wear as women.  The party was pretty much already planned and in motion by the time I came into the picture, so I didn't help out with a whole lot.  I did made the Alice in Wonderland props for our photo booth, made riddle place cards for each place setting and baked and piped buttercream frosted flowers (used my vanilla buttercream recipe) on almost 100 cupcakes.  It all came together wonderfully!  The decorations were amazing!  We served chicken salad croissants, salad, chips and cupcakes for the dinner.  It was a lot of fun and I was able to meet some great sisters.



No comments: