Tuesday, February 25, 2014

New Callings

Greg and I were extended callings in our new ward a couple weeks after we moved in.  During the past six month while we lived with Nancy, Greg didn't have a calling and I taught Primary every other week, so we haven't had much of a demand concerning our church service.  We were both happy to be more involved again.

Greg was called as the first councilor in the Young Men.  He seems to be really enjoying the work so far.  He is impressed by the young men in our ward.  And has enjoyed his association with the other leaders.  When we was set apart, he was told in his blessing that he was called to serve in the position because he had attributes that the young men of the ward needed and that he could and would change their lives.  He is assigned to work with the Teachers in the ward specifically.

I was called to be over the Relief Society activities, a calling I did for many years in our previous ward.  I happily accepted.  I really enjoy the calling.  I like planning, partying, stretching myself creatively, visiting with sisters... what's not to love!?  And I plan on putting other activities I've prepared and spent countless hours on to use once again.  Hooray for recycling!

We do miss our old ward.  We really had a ward family there, one that was very difficult to leave behind.  We have had some of our friends from the old ward over, and I am very grateful that we are still close (in proximity and emotionally) so that we can keep those friendships going.  On the other hand, I do see a lot of promise in this new ward.  We already feel a part of it and at home.  Everyone has been so welcoming.  The church is truly wonderful!  I'm so glad that we can find the same doctrine, organization and acceptance no matter what ward we find ourselves in.

1 comment:

Sariah Nichols said...

They're both lucky to have you!!! You are truly meant to be in this calling Lera. :)