Monday, June 11, 2012

Third Trimester with Twins


Here I am, seven months pregnant with the twins.  The third trimester of this pregnancy has gone pretty well.  As of right now, I would still say this has been my best pregnancy. 

I do get worn out quite quickly, and I get frustrated with my body not being able to keep up with what I want it to do.  Things are getting very uncomfortable, and it's getting difficult to sleep a full night, or bend over, or carry things, or sit too long... but I'll survive.  :)  I did not measure large at all during my prenatal check-ups until the appointment after we found out we were having twins (about 20 weeks), which was odd.  After that I grew very big, very fast!  Some of my stomach muscles tore because of the rapid growth, and that was painful.  My belly has thankfully decided to slow down a bit, and now I am right on track for what I should be measuring with twins, and am not hurting as much.

I get contractions easily, so I try to not be to take it easy most of the time.  I had contractions with all my pregnancies, so the fact that they come frequently isn't too much of a concern for me.  I just try to stop them by resting when they do come on.  However, I do feel so very large and pregnant, so much so that I can't help but think I will go into labor almost each night when I am going to sleep.  I only have my past pregnancies to compare this one with, and right now I feel like I did when I went into labor with them.  I am hoping and praying that I can make it to 36 weeks (July 28), which is considered full term with twins.  If I do make it farther than 36 weeks (which my doctor says is rare), he will be scheduling a c-section at 37 weeks.  I am planning to tandem nurse the babies when they come, and I hear the success rate with breastfeeding twins is much higher if the babies are around six pounds.  And of course, I want them to grew as big and healthy as possible.  With regular ultrasounds, my doctor has assured me that so far, they are growing very healthily and well.  They are around three pounds each right now.

We are very excited for these sweet babes to soon join our family!  They're expected arrival date is only about six weeks to go from here!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Lookn' good mama! Woo Hoo! the fun is about to begin at your House! If you need me to come over and help you clean or cook or just watch the boys so you can rest, just call me. Seriously!!! You can even bring the boys over to play for a couple hours if you want. Seriously!