Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Testimony of Valerie May Nichols

I found my mother's handwritten testimony in an envelope in one of her journals (from 1989).  What a treasure!  I thought I'd record it here for all to enjoy.

I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has the restored gospel in its fullness.  I know this because the Holy Ghost has born witness to me.  I have personal testimony of individual principles of the gospel because of experiences in my life.  I was inactive and I returned to the Lord through dedicated home teachers.  I was given a calling that I was in no way suited for or worthy of, but this calling helped nurture me back to the fold.  I have a testimony that leaders of the organizations do have divine inspiration when neccesary to give callings.  I have a testimony that the Lord loves me as He prepared me over a few years time to be able to return to Him.  I have a testimony of the Priesthood because of the way my husband honors it and because of the comfort I have received through blessings given by the Priesthood.  I have a testimony of the Relief Society because of the growth, the knowledge and the love I have recieved through it.  I know that we are all children of our Father in Heaven.  I know this becasue of the love I feel for my brothers and sisters.  I know that Jesus is my savior because of the swelling in my heart when I read the scriptures and when I think of Christ.  I know that God and Jesus live and I know that we will all have eternal life.  I know because this is truth.  I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

What a wonderful find, your mother truly had a testimony and a love for the gospel. Thank you for sharing.