Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recipe - Seven Layer Bars

I haven't been trying too many new recipes lately.  I don't quite have the same energy I used to have, so my meals have been on the easier side.  This recipe is an oldie but a goodie.  I got the recipe from my mom.  I'm sure many of you have this recipe or something similar, and if you don't then it's your lucky day.  Seven layer bars are a cinch to make and they always taste yummy!  We made them on Father's Day to give to the father of our ward, the Bishop.  It's been a tradition we've done each Father's Day, one that we hope to carry on as our children grow older.  We are so grateful for the Bishops we have had, who watch over us and guide us.  They truly do a selfless work.

Seven Layer Bars

1/4 pound butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 1/3 cups shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

          Melt butter in a 13x9 pan.  Press graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of the pan to create a crust.  Add the other ingredients in order as layers.  Do not stir.  Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments: