Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Palmer's Candy Birthday Party

We threw Palmer a big birthday party on Saturday May 5 for his forth birthday.  We usually keep birthday parties relatively simple in our home.  We are always sure to celebrate well, but usually we don't invite a whole lot of friends and don't spend a bunch of money on decorations and activities.  This is a little odd coming from the family I grew up in; we are big partiers.  Greg and I have friends who throw a big birthday party for their children every four years (my parents did something similar with birthdays one, five, eight, and sixteen), and we have decided to follow suite.  So, Palmer turning four this year, earned him a BIG celebration with lots of friends.

We held the party at the local fitness center so we would have plenty of room.  The party was candy themed; candy is probably Palmer's most favorite thing.  I made 25 of these cute lollipop invitations for Palmer to pass out. We invited friends from church, the neighborhood, preschool, and the daycare I work at, and of course grandmas, grandpas, aunties, uncles and cousins.  There were about 40 people in attendance.

We made homemade candy necklaces, had a candy toss (I wrapped balls in cellophane to make them look like big gumballs), a cupcake and candy bar, a pinata, and opened presents.  Unfortunately, my camera was on manual focus instead of auto focus, as I thought, and almost all the pictures came out very blurry.  :(  I will still post them so you can get an idea of all the fun we had.  Palmer has an absolutely fabulous time!

No comments: