Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day

I awoke this Mother's Day to breakfast in bed.  Greg had made belgain waffles with peaches and whipped cream on top and sausage links.  It didn't take me long to realize there was no way I could eat that delicious breakfast in bed with a 6 month pregnant belly of twin babies without making a gigantic mess, so I told the family I would eat with them at the kitchen table.

I got a bouquet of flowers from Palmer and Brody (with Greg's help) and Greg wrote me a super sweet letter and gave me some money to pick out something for myself.  I think I will get a pedicure with it, since I can't reach my feet, and sandal weather is now upon us.

Greg and I gave Grandma Nancy and Grandma Betty Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel apples and a handmade card to thank them for all they do for our family.

We celebrated my sister London's birthday at my dad and Betty's house.  I made peanut butter silk cake upon my sister's request, who has been strictly dieting for the past three months (and has lost about 60 pounds, way to go London!).  Pappy took all the boys to the park and us moms got a nice break.

Greg put the boys to bed while my sister Sariah and I went to visit my mom at the cemetery.  I miss her so.  She was such an amazing mom and I am thankful everyday for the example she was to me!

I got a few pictures of me and the kids on Mother's Day.  It was pretty late in the day by this point, so we are lookinga bit rough around the edges, but honestly that's more than likely how we usually look these days. :)

Palmer, Brody and I smiling big for the camera.


Palmer, Brody and I being goofy.


Me, six months pregnant with the twins, and looking and feeling about nine months pregnant.

No comments: