Friday, April 6, 2012

See Ya Later Alligator

This morning I had a sad moment, I realized there will be no more Zumba for me with this pregnancy. I'm now 20 weeks along, and have been doing Zumba regularly 2-4 times a week. But this morning, I knew it was time to say goodbye. I had contractions the entire class. Even when I dialed the intensity down and quit jumping and shaking my core as much, they still wouldn't stop. I've had hit and miss contractions during classes for the past month, but before they have always dissipated as I slowed my workout down. I had to leave class early, and the contractions continued for an hour afterward.

I am sad to let go of my crazy fun Zumba classes. I really have loved shaking it in such a high energy atmosphere. Zumba has made me a happy girl. But I know it's definitely not worth the risk, especially now that I know we are having twins and the likelihood of premature birth is much higher.

I thanked my fabulous instructor, Julie, today and assured her I will be back after having the babies and healing from the c-section. Until then, it looks like low intensity exercise for me from here on out.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

My sweet friend. I am so excited for you and Twins. I feel your sadness. Zumba brings me so much happiness and when I have had injuries and surgery. I am just not the same with out the new passion of Zumba in my life. I am proud of you for putting your babies health first. yes, you will Zumba again!

Adrienne said...

Bummer. But I am glad you are taking care of yourself!

Rie Pie said...

Sorry Lera. :( I totally understand the want to do something and not being able to keep up with it. I think you are amazing. The t-Winners are so lucky to have you as a mom.