Monday, March 26, 2012

Second Trimester Pregnancy Update

Pregnancy life has been pretty good during my second trimester, this time around. I am not constantly nauseated and throwing up, as I was with my other two pregnancies. I have to say, not being sick makes carrying a baby much, much more enjoyable.

I am a lot bigger with this pregnancy than before. But I was a lot bigger with my second than my first, so that just seems to be the way it goes. I have already gained 17 pounds by my fifth month! I only gained 11 with Palmer (I was REALLY sick) and 22 with Brody (I was sick again, but well medicated). Seven pounds was the total for last month, and five pounds the month before. It sure is coming on quick. It seems I put on a lot more weight when I'm not puking everything I eat, no surprise there.

My biggest complaint this time around - I'm tired. Really tired and exhausted all the time. I'm assuming a lot of the exhaustion is due to having two toddlers with me at all times. But honestly, being tired isn't too bad. I'll take tired over sick any day. So not too many complaints coming from me with this pregnancy.

I have my ultrasound scheduled for next Monday. Obviously, we'd love to have a girl and get to experience all the bows, and tutus, and sugar and spice, and everything nice. We know how life with little boys goes, and we love every minute of it. But it would be fun to have both boys and girls in our family and get to experience it all. I am preparing myself for a boy, so that I don't get too caught up in all the prettiness and frills. I only have little boys on my side of the family, and I can definitely see that trend continuing. So we will have to see: boy or girl? Anyone want to weigh in a guess as to the gender of Hess baby number three?