Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day Off

Greg, being the fabulous husband that he is, gave me a "day off" as a Valentine's Day gift. He said he would take the day off work and give me a day off being a mom and homemaker. Sweet! Last Friday ended up being that awesome day. I slept in. I went to Zumba class, without having to get the boys ready, drag them along, and make sure to get them in the daycare before it filled up before taking the class. Instead, I literally rolled out of bed fifteen minutes before the class, threw on some workout clothes, put my hair back, brushed my teeth and washed my face and got to class with time to spare. Afterwards, I took a long uninterrupted showered, and took my time primping. I watched television while eating lunch alone (Greg took the kids to McDonalds). And then I went to my friend Rachel's home and received an amazing hour long massage free of charge. I scrapbooked for a couple hours. Made this cute layout (Yes, that is Palmer at 10 months old. I am SO far behind. Obviously, finding time to scrapbook does not happen often).
And then we went as a family to our friends home for a pizza and game night. We got home really late, so I helped Greg get the kids to bed (about the only non-me-time activity I did all day). Then Greg and I watched some television and relaxed. It was the best, most relaxing day off ever! I loved every minute of it and felt revitalized and quite happy after having a break from the stresses of everyday life. Thanks going out to my awesome husband for being so considerate.

2 comments:

Parish & Becca said...

I love your description of getting the boys to the gym. It doesn't seem like it should be such a hassle, but it really is huh!! I'm very envious that you were able to have this day off, I will be making a suggestion to my husband :)

Rie Pie said...

I'm glad that you were able to take a day to yourself. You deserve one!! I love the scrapbook layout. It's so cute.