Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Official Announcement


I saw the doctor today and it is official; I am pregnant! I took a positive pregnancy test on Christmas Eve. I wrapped the test up and invited Greg and the boys open an early present. We also announced to our families that evening in the same manner. It was a very fun and exciting Christmas surprise.

I'm about ten weeks along. The baby is due August 25; and yes, I am fully aware I will be a hot sweaty mess by then. I've been pretty sick, as I have been with my other pregnancies. Today the doctor prescribed me Phenergan, hooray! And I was able to hear baby's heartbeat, an even bigger hooray!

We are very excited for baby #3 to join our ranks! Palmer is especially excited and has told quite a few of our family and friends earlier than planned. Which is just fine. In fact, he told several people that I'm having two girls. I'm not too sure about that tidbit. Many of you also figured it out on your own as you caught me sneak a string cheese in the hallway at church or as you witnessed me turn green and wretch in numerous situations (feel free to count yourselves as one of the lucky ones, and if you haven't been "lucky" yet, just stick around, there will be plenty more to come). So for those of you who were in the know, you are now welcome to spread the word, and for those of you who are learning of this pregnancy for the first time, we're excited to now be sharing our joy with you.

9 comments:

claire said...

Congratulations!! That is exciting news. Hope you get feeling better soon.

Bonnie Jean said...

Congratulations Lera- I'll be hoping for a nice cool summer for both of us. :)

Crystal said...

Woo HOO!!! That is so great! Congrats! I hope you start feeling better.

BreAn said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! :)

Lisa said...

So happy for you and your darling family. Have you tired the Phenagran? It made me so sleepy. Hope you get over the sickness sooner then later. That was a hard part for me too.

Lynette said...

That's terrific!!! :):)

Annie said...

Such wonderful news! Congratulations! :)

Lera said...

I've had Phenagren before, with both pregnancies. And it does make me very sleepy. But it helps with the nausea, so I'll take sleepy over being sick. I've also tried Zophran, but it gave me migraines, we I went back to Phenagren.

The Hancuff's said...

congratulations lera! so excited for you and your family. basil was an august baby, and it does get hot. but you'll do just fine. so happy for you:)