Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Recipe - Five Cup Cream Cheese Frosting

For cake group this month, I made red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I used a mix for the cake since I have yet to find a good from scratch recipe for red velvet (please let me know if you have one). The frosting is another one of my sister's winning recipes (I've also posted her milk chocolate buttercream frosting and her strawberry buttercream frosting). This cream cheese frosting, like the other two, is delicious! And how could it not be, having two packages of cream cheese in it? I really do love cream cheese. It's pretty much a guarantee that if a recipe has cream cheese in it, I will like it.

Five Cup Cream Cheese Frosting
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 (32 ounce) package powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until fluffy. Stir in vanilla.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You look GORGEOUS in that picture.

Becky said...

I second what Adrienne said...You look GORGEOUS in that picture. That's what I logged in to comment and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks so. The cake looks pretty amazing too. Nice job!

Rie Pie said...

I pulled this up for the recipe...but I can't help but notice what a babe you are!