Thursday, October 20, 2011

Making Fat Cry

I saw this picture on Pinterest and instantly loved it! And I do honestly love making my fat cry! I still jog at times and do enjoy it, but I have discovered a new love, a love verging on obsession, for Zumba. Thanks to Greg's and my employment benefits, we both have free premium memberships, or in other words, free aerobic classes along with our gym memberships at our local fitness center. I really enjoy the classes at the fitness center; the instructors push me harder than I would normally push myself. I've tried many of the different types of aerobic classes and many different instructors. I am not a fan of yoga or step classes; I'm not flexible or very coordinated. I do like kickboxing. With a good instructor, I get a really good workout from kickboxing. And anyone who knows me well, knows I like to shake my groove thing, so Zumba is a perfect match for me. I leave the classes red-faced, sweaty, smelly, revitalized and very, very happy.

I've also been watching what I eat. I along with my sisters, my dad's wife Betty, and a couple of my friends have all been following the Weight Watchers PointsPlus plan. I'm really liking this new plan, and have had a lot of success with it. Instead of counting calories, the plan counts carbohydrates and focuses on incorporating more whole grains, more fiber, more protein and more fruits and vegetables. In fact, all fruits and most vegetables are free, so I never go hungry.

With working out and eating better I've lost 18 pounds in the past seven weeks. My goal was 20 pounds in two months, and I think I'm going to make that goal. And after that, I plan to just keep going!

4 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

So proud of you Lera!! You are going to definitely make the 20 lbs!

The Hancuff's said...

Lera! holy cow, that's amazing weight loss. zumba is so so fun, right?! and the instructor as the fitness center is really great. i used to go there until i got golds, but i miss all the regular ladies that would go. keep going girl!!!

Rie Pie said...

You are doing so awesome in your weight loss!!! I'm so happy that we are goin gto ww together now!

The Hendricks Family said...

I loved this!! Keep up the great work. Kal has been dieting and I see how hard it is. I need to look into Zumba classes. They sound fun!