Monday, August 22, 2011

Palmer's First Campout

Our ward's Fathers and Sons Campout was on August 12th. Palmer was so excited to go. He had learned about camping from an episode of Curious George, in which George goes camping, has a fire, and sleeps in a tent. The Monday before our trip, I set up the tent in the front yard to make sure that all the pieces were there and intact. Palmer had so much fun "helping" me set it up, and when it was time to put it away, he wanted to start camping right there and then. When the actual time to go camping came, and we hitched a ride with some friends and went up to Weber Memorial Park. We were greeted by many of Palmer's (and my) friends in the ward. We had our little smokies hobo dinner (Palmer just ate the little smokies), s'mores, dutch oven cobbler, and treats that others shared. Palmer grew tired at about 10:oo pm and wanted to go to bed. However, after we got in our jammies and went to laydown, he bounced around in the tent until 1:00 am. The next day, we woke up and had some breakfast and tried our aim with a BB gun. All in all, a good trip.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Kids + camping ALWAYS = no sleep! I swear! :) :)

Rie Pie said...

Yay!! I bet this was so much fun...and exhausting. :) You are a really great father Greg. I love having you in my family Broseph. Heart you!