Friday, June 17, 2011

Birthday Bashes

I turned 29 on the 8th of this month. Only one year away from thirty, yikes.

The weekend before I scrapbooked all night long with my high school girlfriends at our scrapbook overnighter. My best bud Jenn gave me a shirt and a wallet, and my friend Lissa gave me an iPod giftcard.

I spent the Sunday before celebrating with the Nichols side of the family. We had personal pizzas and London made, by my request, Coca Cola cake. I love the Coca Cola cake at Cracker Barrel and was hoping the recipe I found online would taste like it. It was good, but not the same, so the pursuit of the right Coca Cola cake recipe continues. I received money for clothes (London even folded her money into the shape of clothes, so cute!), some pajamas, and a sewing box.

On my actual birthday Greg gave me a Nook Color. I have been loving it! And so has the rest of the family. I mostly read on it, but have used it to check my e-mail and surf the web; Greg plays games on it (specifically Angry Birds), and the boys love the function that reads picture books to them. Greg and I went to The Cheesecake Factory. I redeemed my free babysitting from our Relief Society Service Auction, and our friend Allison babysat the boys. I got the raspberry lemon cheesecake and Greg ordered the Reeces Cheesecake. The food was delicious, as always.

The next Monday I celebrated with Greg's side of the family at Leatherbys. We all ate icecream, chatted, and the kids made big gooey messes. Nancy gave me a cosmetic box, a sweater and a jewelry set.

It really was a wonderful birthday! I just love to spread it out and celebrate it as long as possible!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Hey, Lera! I wanted to tell you that I linked your blog to my new blog...If you object to that, please let me know!!

...I still need to make your oreo cupcakes. My mouth waters when I think of that delicious post! hahaha