Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Perfect Day

I awoke this morning naturally, without an alarm, feeling refreshed from a full night of sleep. Greg received a call from his boss saying he could take a paid day off since he's been working so hard and so much. The boys slept in until 9:00 am, so Greg and I had a relaxing breakfast in bed. Palmer and Brody awoke in a cheerful mood. They quickly got dressed for the day without any promptings or help. Greg offered to do some cleaning and the boys played quietly and didn't make any additional mess as I took a long hot shower. Greg and I went to the gym, dropping off the boys in the daycare. My coworkers were thrilled with the opportunity to spend more time with my well-behaved children. Greg and I got in an invigorating five mile run. For the first time, I ran faster than my husband. We then went shopping with some extra money we have lying around. I bought several new items of clothing, Greg bought a laptop and we bought the boys a trampoline and a couple of bikes. We picnicked at the park; the weather was lovely, sunny and warm with a nice breeze. The boys went down for a three hour nap willingly. A pair of masseuses came to the house and gave each of us an hour long massage. Then I spent an hour scrapbooking while Greg took on a few home improvement projects that took less time than predicted and came in under budget. The babysitter showed up and Greg and I went out for a night on the town. We dined at an expensive restaurant with many of our friends and then took romantic carriage ride, just the two of us, holding hands. We came home to giggling boys who greeted us with hugs and kisses. The boys got in their pajamas in a timely manner. Together, we all read a bedtime story and had family prayer. The boys made sure to listen quietly and remained reverent throughout the entire prayer. We all said we loved each other and after more hugs and kisses, Palmer and Brody put themselves to bed. Greg and I ended the evening by playing a few rounds of Boogle, and watched a chick flick while sharing a Brownie Obsession from TGI Fridays. We were able to retire to bed early.

Alright, so this isn't honestly how my day went... at all. However, there are 365 days in a year. The average person lives 28,178 of those days. One of those days has to eventually go somewhat like this.

4 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Sounds like Heaven! Sign me up for one of those days!!

Becky said...

Love this post! I've done a few similar ones and I always feel better when I'm done writing one. Somehow a life like the one you described starts to seem boring and it makes me grateful for the crazy and imperfect life I'm blessed to lead.

Tiffany said...

if only...

Molly said...

Oh my. I was so jealous while reading. I thought- you deserved this, we all deserve this. THe laugh was needed. One day...