Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Marjorie Pay Hinckley

  • "We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are."

  • "I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

  • "Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

  • "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead."

  • "The grand and the simple. They are equally wonderful."

  • "The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache."

  • "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow what a ride!'"


  • I just love this woman! Everyone of these profound quotes makes my heart happy and brings a smile to my face. Is she not the best?

    3 comments:

    zanobo said...

    Thanks for sharing Marjorie Pay Hinckley with us Lera! I want to "skid in broadside" as well. Love it!

    Annie said...

    So wonderful, thank you for sharing!

    Cheryl said...

    I love her too! Some of my favorite quotes!!