Monday, March 21, 2011

Relief Society Birthday Celebration and Service Auction

Last Wednesday we had our Relief Society birthday celebration activity. We served Hawaiian Haystacks for dinner and had a variety of cupcakes (I made these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes) for dessert. We then had a service auction. Sisters donated services and bid on others' services with points they earned from a questionnaire (composed of random questions such as if the sister did her visiting teaching, if she knows how to dance the boot scootin boogie, points for each button she was wearing, etc). It was so much fun! I think it might have been my favorite Relief Society activity yet.

I won a facial from my friend Martha and babysitting from my friend Allison. Sweet! The service I donated to the auction was a year of homemade cakes, or one cake a month for twelve months. The theme of the activity was cake, so of course, I had to provide a service that revolved around that said theme. The bidding for my cakes was a madhouse; everyone was in a frenzy attempting to combine their points with others in order to win. I just love my ward and all my wonderful friends there. They always know how to make me feel special and appreciated. This month I am making caramel praline chocolate torte for the winning sisters. I will be sure to post a picture of the cake and the recipe. In fact, I'm quite certain this blog will be seeing several new cake recipes posted in this next year.

3 comments:

Aubrie said...

Ahhh everything looks so cute and fun! I'm so sad I missed it! Great Job Lera!

Adrienne said...

Looks like so much fun!

Becky said...

What a fun night! I'm always impressed with your organization and planning. It looks like you do amazing work. :)