Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Polka-dotted Brody

After a very long night of Brody waking every couple hours with killer diarrhea (thanks to the prescribed antibiotic for his ear infection), I awoke to find my little guy looking like so...

covered in hives, or what Palmer described as "polka-dotted Brody." Poor little boy. I don't know if there has been more than one consecutive week this entire winter that he has been well. I took him to the doctor and he thinks it's an allergic reaction to the same antibiotic I have been cursing for the last week. Strange that he had been on the medication for an entire week, and a similar one two weeks before that tried and failed to treat the same ear infection, yet he didn't have a reaction until today. The doctor checked his ears and thankfully they are finally clear and back to normal. So good news that Brody no longer has a painful earache, and round the clock medication induced diarrhea, but bad new that he is now covered in feverish itchy bumps, and feels just absolutely miserable.

He sure is a sweetheart though. Anytime I held up my camera he immediately stopped crying to give me one of his stellar smiles.

4 comments:

sweet nectar sara said...

dang! poor kiddo :(

Aubrie said...

these pictures made me tear up. how sad :o( and how uncomfortable for him! and scary- allergic reactions are scary! i hope he gets feeling better soon! let me know if there is anything i can do. if you need someone to watch palmer or something let me know

The Hancuff's said...

it's scary when you find out they're allergic to a medication. her hives were not that bad though. poor guy. glad his ears are clear though.

thanks for your nice comment. it meant alot to me:)

The King's said...

Oh my word, how sad :( Hope it clears up quickly.