Friday, February 11, 2011

Recipe - Hot Sausage Dip

This scrumptious recipe is from my good buddy Betsy. She makes this dip whenever we have a potluck get together. It is divine. She and her family are also big football fans. It was at a Superbowl party that I first tasted this delicious creation. We spent the past Superbowl at a party of one of my coworkers. I was told to bring a favorite snack food. After some thought, I realized Betsy's hot sausage dip was the perfect pick for hungry sports fans.

Recipe - Hot Sausage Dip

1 lb. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
1 onion
1 tomato
1 green bell pepper
1 can diced green chilies, drained (or jalapenos if you want it spicier)
8 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. sour cream

Lightly brown sausage, do not drain. Dice onion, pepper, and tomato. Add to browned sausage and cook until onions are clear. Add the green chilies/jalapenos. Drain the mixture and blend in cream cheese and sour cream. Keep warm in slow cooker. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments: