Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rededicating and Starting Anew

New Year's resolutions, like many, I am not one to always follow through with them perfectly. However, I am thankful for this time of year, simply for the fact that I have the opportunity to better myself. I may not always meet my exact goals, but surely I do find renewed motivation to stretch myself a little more, to be a bit stronger and to progress as an individual. And isn't that the definition of our purpose here on this earth?

2010 was a good year for our family and for me. I feel that I was to improve myself in many areas. During the past year I have made exercise a routine part of my life. I love to run now and do so at least a couple times a week. I also enjoy attending Zumba and kickboxing classes when possible. Our home is cleaner than before. Greg and I have made dating a priority and do so regularly. I often have individual one on one time with my children and more often than not it is educational. We kept to a strict budget. I have price matched and couponed, planned and cooked homemade meals and tried many new recipes. I've steadily kept a record of our family life (you're reading it now). We've implemented and held regular Family Home Evenings. All of these goals were not always completed as precisely as I desire, but I did do them better than before. This new year I plan to continue on with these same worthy pursuits, with even more attention, effort and exactness.


In addition, I plan to add a couple new purposes to this coming year. I find great joy in scrapbooking. However, it seems I spend the limited crafting time I do have on projects not related to our family books. I am years behind. It would be fabulous if I could get caught up this year, we'll see if that's even a possibility, but surely I will make working on our family books more of a priority. I've also talked with Greg and we've decided to have regular family prayer. He and I always say a prayer together at the end of the night, but up until this point, we have not involved the boys. I should have started this even earlier, for sure they are now at an age when we need to make family prayer a regular aspect of their lives, as well as ours.

So there it is, our goals for 2011. What are your New Year's resolutions?

2 comments:

Adrienne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adrienne said...

LOVE IT! And I am so impressed by the comment you left me - would it be too much trouble to ask what a 2 or 4 week meal plan is for you? I love that you don't repeat and am looking for new ideas!!