Monday, January 17, 2011

No Need for Complaint

My heart has been breaking these past few days. So many of my loved ones seem to be struggling with trials I cannot even fathom having to deal with... losing homes, battling serious illness, missing mates, mourning babies. And through it all they continue on strong. Amazing. You, my friends, are amazing.

I cannot help but reflect on how fortunate my life is. Yes, money is tight and our home isn't as nice as I'd like, but we have a home. We are able to be in a place we love. We are provided for. We are sheltered, clothed and fed. We have all we need.

Yes, my husband works a lot, is not often home with me and the children. But I have a husband; and even after a 12 hour workday and an evening with the scouts, he does come home and I do get to see him.

I have two beautiful little boys, who often wear me out, but who also keep me going. Who, besides the occasional cough and cold, are healthy, well and thriving.

I am able. And even though at times I cause myself to get stressed and overwhelmed. I am gifted with the capabilities to care for myself and for my family.

It is easy to play the victim. Unfortunately, this is something with which I struggle. Thoughts of poor me enter my mind as I struggle to quiet my tantruming child in the grocery store, fight off a cold, eat dinner alone since Greg is still at work, and lose sleep due to a baby coughing through the night. How trivial these trials are when compared to what so many others face. What an example these women are in my life who carry these burdens with such courage, faith and honesty. They inspire me to really see life for what it is and to acknowledge what a fully blessed existence I do have. I have absolutely no need for complaint.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Oh, Lera how I can agree!!!! We have some dear friends who recently gave birth to twins at 21 weeks- they lived a few hours. I think to myself there is no way I could do that. My twins are 100 percent healthy. All my children are healthy. I have so much to be thankful for, I am so loved. I then think why me? What makes my family so special? I don't know the answers, but I grateful and can not complain either!

Becky said...

I love your sentiments here. Well said!