Thursday, December 2, 2010

Operation December

Once I saw the title of this particular blog template "Giving is Living," I knew it must be our blog's design for the month of December. Last month I had a specific focus and did my best to put all my extra time and effort into it (as much as a possibly could since Brody was sick just about all month). It was great to have a worthy purpose to concentrate on for the month and I am excited to do so again in December.

Greg and I have been talking, for the last couple months, about how this Christmas we want to really focus on serving. We have been so blessed in the past years with help, service, thoughtfulness, kindness and gifts of plenty, often in the case of very generous secret santas. This was especially true last year when we were really struggling financially. Oh how thankful we are for the kindness of others and oh how we yearn to pass that kindness on. With Greg's recent improvement in employment, we are now getting back on our feet and are thrilled to not only be able to provide for ourselves but for some others as well.

So with that in mind, I want to dedicate the month of December 2010 to service. Our family hopes and prays and plans to give of our time, our efforts, our money and ourselves for the good of others. We are striving to more embrace a lifestyle that is best emulated by, the reason for this season that is upon us, our Savior Jesus Christ.

Let Operation Give commence!

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Good for you! I need to focus more on this too. I bet your Secret Santas would be so glad if they knew you were 'paying it forward' - good for you! Hopefully we can come up with some ways to serve as well!

*Marie* said...

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your month.