Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tuesday's Television Takeover

I regularly watch three television shows each week. My very favorite show is The Office. It is also Greg's favorite and we enjoy watching it together. It is only a half hour long, and if we don't catch it on Thursday night, it is no big deal to just watch it on the Internet some night after the kids go to bed.

The other two shows I watch are The Biggest Loser and Parenthood. I've been a fan of The Biggest Loser for a few years now. Unfortunately this show is two hours long, and takes so much time to watch and keep up with. (Not to mention that trying to watch television while the boys are still awake can be like fighting a losing battle.) And then to make my Tuesday nights tune in even longer, I got hooked on Parenthood, as it was on during the time I nursed Brody to sleep for the night. Which brings the grand total to three whole hours of television on Tuesday. Greg is not really into either program, so watching them after the kids go to bed (during the time we spend together as a couple) isn't an option.

My solution? Tuesday is now my laundry night. Greg is currently studying to get his CNA, and never seems to find enough time to hit the books. So Tuesday is now his study night. Some Tuesdays are more productive than others based on the kids' behavior, but all in all it's been a good solution. Now if I can only find a way to justify some of my other guilty pleasures... like chocolate.

What television shows do you make an effort to tune into?

6 comments:

The Hancuff's said...

same same. biggest loser and parenthood. i loved lauren graham in gilmore girls and i love her in again in parenthood.

Kristina Werner said...

Oh, Lera, I watch too many! I fell into the Tivo trap and record a lot of shows to watch later. Rarely do I watch anything live. Because of that, I think I watch more than I would have otherwise.

My current favorite shows? Brothers & Sisters, Modern Family, Glee, and Grey's Anatomy. :)

Lera said...

I know I would watch a lot more if we had Tivo. No doubt about that!

Tiffany said...

I'm a huge fan of Glee and Jay loves Big Bang Theory. It's a good thing one is on Tuesday and the other on Thursday because they are at the same time!

Lisa said...

Yes, we love the DVR. Me and the kids watch Biggest Loser. Mitch and I watch CHUCK and big bang theory. Mitch also watched Castle. We have been getting the GLEE disk from netflicks also,
My daughter records all the cake shows, like Cake Boss and Cupcake wars and Cake Challenges. This is way it is 12:36 AM and I am still up.
Love ya

Lynette said...

I love The Biggest Loser. Sometimes I catch The Apprentice and on Saturdays I ALWAYS watch I Love Lucy on KBYU at 8:30. :) :) Other than that, we watch movies around here. :)