Monday, October 25, 2010

Girly Goodness


I was able to join in on girly get togethers this week. Yay! Thursday night I spent the evening with my two favorite girly girls, my sisters. Sariah and I arranged to take out our older sister London for a night of pampering. Life has been pretty rough for her lately, dealing with the stresses of a job loss, financial problems and her husband's bi-polar depression; she was definitely in need of a good girl's night. We gave her a few choices of things to do and she picked a winning combination: pedicures and hot chocolate at Hatch's Chocolate Shop. It was Sariah's and my first time trying Hatch's hot chocolate. It was unbelievably delicious! The three of us now refer to it as liquid love.


Saturday afternoon, London and I attended a sisters and daughters Halloween party at our friend RaeLyn's home. It was great fun, right up our alley with a potluck and make and take crafts. I had worked a Halloween breakfast earlier that morning. All the servers had to opportunity to have their faces painted by a professional. I asked the face painter to paint me up to match my butterfly wings that I planned to wear at the party. She did an awesome job. Thanks to her artistic touch, I won best costume. London won best food item with her pumpkin shaped cheeseball.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I love sister time. and alone sister time with no kids is even better because then you can act like girly little girls. sounds like fun! And did I mention how I love your wings and your face painting?

Rie Pie said...

Yay for girly nights!!! I had so much fun with you two ladies. Muah!!

Lynette said...

I feel for your sister, London. My husband suffers from clinical depression. It hasn't been an easy road for him -- or for us. You are such a wonderful sister and friend, to help her forget her troubles for a little bit!

You look beautiful, Madame Butterfly! :) :) :)

Lisa said...

I love you sisters so much. I could not guess who's toes are who's all were very cute. I need to try liquid love. Love the costume, you are so pretty. What a fun few days.