Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Gardens at Thanksgiving Point

Ahhhh... Fresh air. Soft, green grass. Rolling hills. Rushing waterfall. Flowing fountains. Still ponds. Colorful, fragrent blosoms. Blue sky. Light breeze. Happy little boys in a stroller. My hubby by my side. Absolute perfection!

This was just what I, correction, what we as a family, needed. The boys have been tired and cranky. Greg and I have been tired and cranky. On Tuesday especially, all that grouchiness seemed to be in full swing: neither Palmer nor Brody had napped, Brody had a cold, and Greg and I were feeling overworked and underappreciated and were snapping at each other and the children. How very, very glad I am that we decided to go forward, and visit the gardens as planned. All the stresses of life seemed to drift away as we strolled along talking, smiling and looking on in wonderment at all the loveliness our world has to offer.

2 comments:

sweet nectar sara said...

your boys are so cute! I love the picture of them sitting together, they always look so happy :)

Lisa said...

So glad you were able to enjoy this. Great pictures.