Sunday, August 8, 2010

Recipe - Pizza Dough

This is a recipe my friend Jenn passed along to me. We enjoyed personal pizzas at her home on this yummy pizza dough. Since then I have put it to good use in our home and made: red pepper alfredo chicken pizza, pepperoni and pepperocini pizza and recently recreated a pizza we had ordered at Bucca di Beppo - pesto, chicken, artichoke pizza (which is pictured below). They were all fabulous, and the dough seems to come out better each time I make it.

Pizza Dough

1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in sugar, oil, flour and add salt on top. Beat 20 strokes. Let rise 15 minutes. Spread dough on pizza pan. Add toppings and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

Yummy! That looks so good!!

*Marie* said...

I made this the other night. Not only was it good but it was so easy! It is a new favorite in my home. My grandmother asked if I would make it for the extended family next time we all got together. This recipe is a big hit. Thank you for sharing it.