Monday, August 23, 2010

A Peak Into the Hess Home

Here is a glimpse into our home on Monday, August 23, 2010.

A clean kitchen sink. The dishes are one chore I am almost always on top of.

Clothes waiting to be folded in the backroom. Laundry is a chore I am almost never on top of.

Bibs lying out to dry. Brody is now self-feeding, and these wipe-able pocket bibs are a must. The mess he made with the other night's manicotti dinner was outright hilarious.

Toddler art displayed on the refrigerator. (I could also photograph several walls that currently bare Palmer's artistic mark.) Palmer and I spend many a mornings playing games online at PBS kids and Playhouse Disney, each session ending in him choosing a picture to print and color.

A freshly painted frontroom accent wall and an uncovered mantle. We finally took down the very, very ugly, and 70's dated cork board that was above our fireplace. We plastered and painted, and then subsequently ran out of money for the mantle.

This week's dinner menu: sloppy joes and dill pickle potato salad, chicken articoke pesto pizza, cranberry apple pork roast with mashed potatoes and green beans, chicken taco casserole with spanish rice and black beans, orange sesame pork chops with teriaki whole wheat noodles, tuna noodle casserole with peas, Belgian waffles with sausage links

This week's dessert: lemonade pie

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Fun post! and YAY for recipe links, I need new ideas. I got a couple of new cookbooks recently - I am anxious to try the cordon bleu casserole and the Monte Cristo frittata. I will let you know if they are any good. Thanks for always sharing recipe ideas.

Also, I love the mantle part. We have a couple of projects like that too, and it's good to know we aren't the only ones!! I did two-tone paint in the nursery thinking we would install a chair rail - now it is going to be just two tone paint!!

Haley said...

I want to be you when I grow up.

The King's said...

I may be crafty but you can COOK! I do not like cooking at. all. nada. And I love the color of the wall!

Lisa said...

LOVE IT, love the clean sink, laundry is never ending. Such a good mommy to play with your kids and what a great menu. Holy cow, I am going to check out those reciepes.
you are awesome and I love ya