Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Shopping Spree

I have finally finished spending my birthday money, and boy did I sure have a lot of fun doing it. I drew out the shopping spree as long as possible. I absolutely love to shop, always have and always will. And money has been tight lately. So, as you can imagine, I have been missing my retail therapy! But thanks to my family and their very generous birthday gifts, I was able to make up for lost time.

I bought...

Bumbles. I have wanted one of these babies for a few years now and have never been able to justify the high price tag that usually accompanies them. However, I did some searching and found three bands and a watch face for a decent price. I think even though it took a good chunk of my cash, they will be worth the investment. I wear one of my new cute watch bands just about every day. Brody also love the fun colorful beads and they make a great backup toy for him.

The Hunger Games Trilogy. I borrowed The Hunger Games and Catching Fire from my sister a couple months ago, and thought they were fabulous reads. I am so excited to read the last installment in the trilogy that is coming out next month. I purchased the whole set from Amazon. I already received the first two and look forward to the delivery of Mockingjay soon.

MP3s. I've started running for the first time in my life. It's not the easiest workout for me, so I thought some new tunes with good beats might help keep me going. I usually just listen to the radio, so my music selection at home desperately needed an update. I found this great site http://www.gomusicnow.com/ that sells songs for as low as nine cents! Greg and I have both stocked up on some great jams. And with the addition of a little Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce and Lady Gaga, I've been able to actually enjoy my workouts.

Clothes and more clothes. Of course I had to buy clothes. I can't think of much that feels better to me than wearing a new outfit. And since the only new clothes my wardrobe had seen in over a year were a few odd and end maternity clothes, I really was in need. I bought a swim suit, five shirts, a pair of workout pants, a temple dress and a pair of sandals.

So thanks to all those who gifted toward my birthday stash. I have been busy shopping, wearing, reading, listening and thoroughly enjoying all thanks to you.

2 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Wow! That is amazing! That's awesome that you were able to buy so much!

Lisa said...

Good for you girl, you deserve it.
Love the watch bands and beads. Love the Hunger Games and always love new clothes.
Sounds perfect to me.