Monday, June 7, 2010

All Things Collide

Have you ever had one of those days where you just have too much going on and you feel like you don't have time to take a breath?

That seems to have been the pace of our lives for the past few weeks (If you ask Greg, I'm sure he'd insist it's been the past months). The late two weekends I was actually excited for the work week to start so that life could slow down a bit and that I could find a moment to relax. The problem is that I over plan. I know this to be the case, because it is I who squeezes in each and every event on our already full family calender. My dilemma lies in the simple fact that I want to do it all. I want to be involved: in church, in the community, in work, in friendships and family get togethers. I want to take my children to the park and swimming and to get their pictures taken. I want to date my husband. I want to serve. I want to develop my talents and share them. I want to put my heart and sole into each and every one of my undertakings. I want to fulfill all that is asked and expected of me. All these things that fill my life to the max, are all good and worthy pursuits. Yet, often I find myself late, stressed out, frazzled and/or forgotten in the chaos.

Obviously, I need to find some balance. I'm not quite sure how to do so without losing a part of myself. Until then, I just need to get through this week and the next.

2 comments:

Annie-Staten said...

Oh man, I hear ya on all of that!

Rie Pie said...

I love how when you write about this you have 3 new posts. lol. You really are a power-house.