Sunday, June 13, 2010

Turning 28

I turned 28 this past Tuesday. I suddenly feel wiser, generally calmer and more mature. Well, maybe not exactly, but this year's birthday has felt a bit different to me. Usually when I find the date of June 8th coming upon me, I become a flurry of emotions: excited, celebratory, happy, frenzied and more often than not a bit anxious about all the things I have yet to accomplish. However, this year I did not feel myself stressing about a need to have another baby, or conquering some lofty life goal. Instead I felt somewhat of an acceptance. Seems that at 28 years of age, I am finally growing up. I am now a bona fide adult.

Tuesday evening Greg took me to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and dessert. The food was so very delicious! Rie kindly babysat so we could thoroughly enjoy our meal. Greg bought me tickets to go see the Broadway musical The Lion King in September. I can hardly wait; it looks amazing!

Sunday evening we had both sides of the family over for dinner and cake. I made Cream Cheese Chicken and then we had Schimdt's cake (decorated and provided by Andrea) and icecream for dessert. Then I opened my gifts. I received very generous amounts of money/gift cards from everyone, which I am thrilled to shop with in the next few days.

4 comments:

*Marie* said...

Glad to hear you had such a great birthday. You deserve it!

Rie Pie said...

Happy b-day sista!!! You'll have to let me know what you guy with your money bag. :)

Lisa said...

So glad you had a good birthday. I love that you were not anxious this year. That is awesome. Just love who you are and where you are. You are wonderful. love ya

Lera said...

Rie - I already sent $80 of it and haven't even been able to get out of the house. Darn online shopping.

Lisa- Thanks for the lunch you dropped off. It was SO yummy! What a treat!