Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Recipe - Cream Cheese Chicken

I tire of eating the same things over and over. In fact, we never repeat a meal more than once a month. I try to work in a new recipe every other week or so to add variety as well. This past week I came across a winner that I will be sure to make again. It was so very easy, and very yummy. Of course, I might be a little biased in my evaluation of the dish's taste since I absolutely love cream cheese. I stand by the motto, if it has cream cheese in it, it has to be good!

Cream Cheese Chicken

1/2 c. butter
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
2 lb. chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese


Melt butter in slow cooker on high. Once butter has melted, stir in salad dressing mix. Cut chicken into one inch strips and stir into butter mixture. Cover and cook for 2 hours, or until chicken is cooked. Remove chicken to plate, and add soup and cream cheese to butter mixture. Stir until smooth and creamy. Return chicken to the sauce mixture. Serve over rice or hot buttered noodles.

3 comments:

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

I love this recipe. You can also do it in the crockpot. Just leave the chicken whole. Melt the butter in a saucepan add the italian seasoning, cream cheese and soup until combined. Put the chicken in your crockpot then the sauce over the top. Cook on low for 6 hours. YUMMY!!

WebPub said...

I am so glad that you tried it in the slow cooker. Now that I'm a single dad, I've got to make the most of my time, yet provide hearty meals for my boy. I'm always looking for a good crock pot recipe.

You know, in the last 2 months I found myself cooking the same thing over and over. It DOES get tiring. I'm gonna cook this recipe on Saturday.

Mike Rocha
Publisher, SmallApplianceDepot.com

*Marie* said...

I made this tonight- finally. We loved it. I browned the chicken on the stove so it would have good color, then did everything else in the crackpot. Served it with rice, green beans, and crescent rolls. Fantastic. I'll be making it again for sure.