Monday, May 24, 2010

Hungry for the Games

I have recently read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, and I am hooked! They came highly recommended to me by a few friends, and I am so glad I finally gave them a try. These books have it all: action, romance, suspense. And I have to admit, I am much more Team Peeta than I've ever been Team Edward. If you haven't read them yet, I suggest you do. They are a fun and addicting read. If you have read them, feel free to attend a book group discussion at my house this Thursday at 7:00 pm.

I've also read A Thousand Splendid Suns in the past month and it was, in a word, amazing. This novel was heart wrenching and beautiful. I actually thought it was better than Khaled Housseini's first novel The Kite Runner. I related to the characters more, (probably because they are female), and I thought the political warfare was better explained, and thereby easier to understand in this book. The history of Afghanistan that shapes the plot of this tale is positively eye opening.

4 comments:

The Hancuff's said...

i'll have to read these. i've heard good things about them both. maybe i'll just buy them since the waiting list for the library is horrid:/

Rie Pie said...

Team Peeta!! I really hope that I get to come to this. That would be so great.
I can't wait until I move and then I can read all of my delicious books that are in queue.

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and....Audrey! said...

So excited for book group! Loved the books, and trying to patiently wait until the 3rd book comes out.

Lisa said...

I am so team PEETA also. I loved this books also. SO awesome.