Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Family Get Togethers

We did our share of visiting family during Christmas.


Our first stop on Christmas Eve was at Grandma Nancy's house. We joined her, and Greg's sisters and their families for a ham and cheesy potato casserole dinner, a present exchange between the grandchildren, and then Grandma Nancy gave us all some very generous gifts.

Next we went to London's home to celebrate with my side of the family. London set a gorgeous table and we enjoyed a meal of many scrumptious appetizers (recipes from what I contributed are soon to follow). We had a gift exchange among the different families and then Pappy and Grandma Betty spoiled the kids even more.

Christmas morning was all ours. We opened a few gifts with the children (mostly warm clothes). The boys did get one big toy each, Palmer got an Elmo kitchen and Brody got a big blow-up ball that lights up and plays music. Palmer absolutely loves both of them and we are sure Brody soon will as well! I could not for the life of me get a picture of Palmer looking at the camera. He was completely absorbed with ripping wrapping paper and playing with his new treasures. Greg and I exchanged a small gift: he received a poker set, and I received a cookbook.

That afternoon we met at Andrea's house to visit with Greg's Dad and his girlfriend Mary who had driven to Salt Lake from Ely that morning. It was a special treat since we don't get to see them too often. Once again, we all exchanged gifts, and the kids were gifted even more.

Surely, there is no need to ever worry about giving my kids a good Christmas when there are generous grandparents involved who love to spoil them.

4 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

Sounds like you had a really nice Christmas. You'll have to let me know how you like that cookbook. I've been tempted to get it quite a few times at Costco, but always had other things we needed instead.

Rie Pie said...

Whoo. It looks like this post took a very long time!! I loved looking at all of the pictures.

*Marie* said...

I'm glad to hear your Christmas turned out to be so wonderful. You have a great family, the one you are from (and Greg) and the one you are raising.

Lera said...

Amy - The cookbook is awesome! I actually got the Christmas one from Greg and my sister, so I exchanged one and got the original ward cookbook too. I love them both, very easy, everyday recipes.

Marie - What a cute comment. Thanks! Your sweet comments always make me feel good. :)