Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

Here are the top ten things I am thankful for this year.

1. My immediate family. What a wonderful, fun, kind, spiritual man I am married to, and my boys could not be more perfect in my eyes. I love them all more than I can put to words!

2. The gospel. The gospel shapes who I am. I would be entirely lost without it and without the love of my Heavenly Father and the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

3. My extended family. Oh how I love my sisters! They are my closest confidants. I can go to them for anything. My boys are blessed with wonderful grandparents who love them and love to play with them. Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving with Greg's side of the family. How lucky I am to have not only one wonderful family, but two.

4. My friends. Sometimes there is no substitute for a good girls night. I am blessed to have many amazing women in my life who I could call up anytime for a fun time or nice talk.

5. Financial help. It's been a struggle since Greg's department was laid off. Every week we sit down and do the bills and wonder how we will make it, and every week we have been given unasked for help from a family member or friend. We are truly watched over.

6. Health. I am thankful to have my health and for the good health of my family. I have a difficult time staying positive when my body is ill or mending. I don't know how my mother dealt with it for so long. I am also grateful for our health insurance and I am grateful for the helpful doctors we see and their sound advice.

7. Work. I am so happy to be back at work. I am grateful to be able to subsidize our income without having to leave my kids. I am grateful that Greg's company offered him a position. Our situation could have been much worse and much more depressing if he were without a job and without benefits.

8. Home. It may not have the newest accommodations, but it is cozy, warm and more than sufficient to our needs. We talked about if we would move if Greg were to get a new job in another city, and I could not help to be saddened at the thought. I love being near family. I love our ward. And I love living in my mom's house and all the memories that entails.

9. Our country. I am grateful for the freedoms we enjoy and for those in the military who fight to keep those freedoms intact.

10. Talents and hobbies. It's so nice to have an escape once in a while. Whether it be crafting, cooking, or for Greg playing music or Nintendo, I am convinced that the act of doing something you enjoy can have an astounding impact on one's well being.

I could go on and on. We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Rie Pie said...

I'm so grateful for our family!! Seriously you guys are the best.

*Marie* said...

Thank you for the inspiration! As soon as I read the title of your post, I wrote my own. I then came back and read yours, and I am amazed at how much we had that was the same. One thing I didn't put in there is how grateful I am for your friendship. That one is much more specific, but I'm sure you understand it.

http://minimariescorner.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-am-thankful-for.html