Sunday, November 22, 2009

Recipe - Apples and Sweet Potatoes

We had Thanksgiving with my family this evening. It was delicious! As always, we all took a turn saying something for which we were thankful. Greg said he was thankful for my cooking; what a sweetie. This is how my side of the family prepares our sweet potatoes each year, and I must admit, they are just scrumptious.

Apples and Sweet Potatoes

2 large cans sliced yams
3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup boiling water
3 tablespoons margarine
¾ cups sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt

Layer potatoes and apples in a casserole dish. Dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of cold water stirring continuously to prevent lumps. Combine water, margarine, sugar, cornstarch and salt in sauce pan. Cook on medium heat stirring in pan until sauce is thickened. Pour sauce over potatoes and apples. Bake 350 degrees 30-40 minutes until bubbly.

1 comment:

*Marie* said...

That sounds wonderful! I might try it, and surprise my fam with it. lol That way if it doesn't turn out, they'll never know. Thanks for the recipe!