Sunday, November 8, 2009

The Peacegiver

Our Relief Society book group met this past week to discuss our most recent book The Peacegiver: How Christ Offers to Heal Our Hearts and Homes by James L. Ferrell. This book was absolutely amazing! It literally changed my life, and from the discussion I had with my fellow sisters, I know I am not the only one who feels so. It helped me deal with pains I had not realized I was still holding onto through a more in depth knowledge of the atonement. The title of the book rings true, I now feel peace instead of hurt and anger. What's even more amazing is that the book was a gift given to me at the same time the trial I've mentioned began. I'm not sure if I would have been open to its message if I had read it then, but for sure it was an inspired gift.

Greg and I attended the temple last night and I was able to feel more peace there than I have in a very long time. I believe this was so because I have since been able to forgive, more fully accept the atonement in my life and let my heart heal. I'm sure I will be revisiting the doctrine it teaches many times in the future. I cannot recommend it enough, such insight, such truth, such power, and its even presented in an easy to read fictional format.

3 comments:

Brian_n_Amy said...

I agree. It was a fabulous read! One of the best books I've read!

Tiffany said...

It's always nice to find a good read. I'll have to check it out.

Rie Pie said...

Great post. I'm reading it now. I have already cried, twice.