Thursday, November 5, 2009

NaBloPoMo

I found out a couple days ago that November is National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo (try saying that three times fast). Many bloggers are taking on the challenge to post once a day during the month to commemorate. I realized I have thus far been up to the task, so I am going to try and keep it up.

Recently I've realized that I have a problem with overdoing things. I've always secretly known this about myself, but with the addition of another child in the home and an incision from a surgery that continues to reopen after healing (going on day 12 now with an open incision, when the doctor said it should only take about 4 days to close again), I've realized I may need to take things down a notch. Posting daily sounds like a lot of fun to me and I'm hoping it'll stretch my blogging topics a bit so that I'm not always just writing about the boys. Don't get me wrong, I could go on and on about my children, they are the center of my world. But, I started this blog to not only chronicle the day to day events in our family life, but also to be able to exercise my writing skills, something I have been missing since I have been out of the classroom. So, for these reasons I am going to try to post each day. I emphasize the word try because I'm not going to set myself up for failure and don't want this to become a stress. Yes, I am growing... I am doing my best to not over commit. I even sent out store bought thank you cards (gasp!) in response to the gifts our friends and family gave to Brody this week.

So here's to NaBloPoMo. Perhaps now that you are in the know you might want to join me and provide me with some fascinating reading material. For sure, you will be hearing from me!

3 comments:

Rie Pie said...

CHEERS!!!!!!
NaBloPoMo is a crazy/fun/stressful idea. I have a goal to get caught up today. If I do two today, I'll be right on task.

I'm very glad that you are doing this because I get to read them every day at break time!!

Lisa said...

Bloggers of the world unite

Stoney said...

IMPRESSIVE. I THINK I MIGHT ATTEMPT... THANKS FOR THE INFO!