Monday, November 23, 2009

Male Humor

I've never really understood male humor. Fart and poop jokes just aren't my thing. You will never find my girlfriends and I joking about being homosexual. And while I might crack a smile at Adam Sandler's unwarranted acts of physical violence, my reaction is nothing compared to Greg's out loud, enthusiastic roar. My lack of savvy in this department is probably amplified by the fact that I grew up in a household comprised of three sisters and no brothers.

Now, with a husband and two boys, I know I am in for it. I just assumed I'd have a little more time to prepare my acceptance into a life filled with testosterone, at least until my oldest son was able to carry on regular conversation. But in the past couple weeks I've realized that is not the case. My eighteen month old toddler now finds it absolutely hilarious when he farts. Each and every toot brings a surprised and hearty giggle from his lips.

I do have to admit though, that when he cracks up at his own flatulence, I can't help but chuckle myself. Oh no, this strange sense of humor must be catching!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

All boys are gross!!!

Rie Pie said...

Agreed. I hung out with some friends last week and the men, who are older than thirty, were ripping them. sick. sick. sick.

Molly said...

Oh how true!! And their quick-wittiness does not help. It makes you want to laugh, even though you shouldn't. Silly boys. We are being over-run:)